A flea comb is basically a comb with very closely spaced teeth. The close spacing of a flea comb helps remove the adult fleas and their eggs. Using a flea comb is time consuming but is nonetheless a tool in combating flea infestations. If you plan on using a flea comb it is best to also have a bowl of soapy water near by.
Steps to Using a Flea Comb
- Find a comfortable place for you and your pet
- Start at your pets head and work back
- As you start to remove fleas dip the flea comb in the soapy water. The soapy water will rapidly drown the fleas.
- Repeat this process until you have removed all the fleas
- Keep in mind this process will not be 100% effective in eliminating a flea infestation because fleas only spend part of their time on the host.